Minutes from RI NEMBA meeting held on June 7, 2016
Area Riding Reports (as of 5/3/16):
- Big River: Maintenance is needed on some of the lesser ridden trails. There are reports of debris in the trails which should be cleaned up before go-arounds develop. A rogue trail builder (believed to be a dog-walker) is spray-painting dogs on trees.
- Arcadia: Riding well.
- Lincoln Woods: Bridge repair is needed. This should be completed before the Fun Ride.
- Burlingame: No report.
- Diamond Hill: Riding well.
- Weetomoe Woods: Riding fantastic.
Although there will not be a Bravo Award awarded every month, this month the Bravo Award goes to Alan Windsor. Alan W. coordinated another great Big Rive Fun Ride in May and more significantly coordinated the six-week Meeting Street School Cycling Clinic - held at a different location each week (East Bay Bike Path, Blackstone Bike Path, Coventry Bike Path, Ryan’s Park and Big River). Alan W. was thanked for his outstanding contributions and was presented with a token of gratitude.
Treasurer’s Report: Bart A. provided the Board with the monthly Treasurer’s Report. The Board asked the Treasurer to provide a history of RI NEMBA’s finances. This information would be used to determine how our resources are spent and to better plan projects and expenses.
- Volunteer Hours: RI NEMBA would like to track all volunteer hours. Rich W. offered to tackle this project. Event coordinators will provide this information to Rich W.
- RI NEMBA Pins: Rich W. brought a sample of small RI NEMBA pins and distributed them to everyone at the meeting.
Membership: Current membership total was not reported.
There will be no July meeting due to the 4th of July holiday. A Board of Directors Meeting may be scheduled before our next meeting. Our next meeting will be held on Tuesday, August 2, 2016 at 7:00 PM at Doherty’s.
The meeting adjourned at 8:58 pm.