Minutes from RI NEMBA meeting held on November 3, 2015, 7 PM at Doherty's.
Area riding reports
- Big River: Awesome riding.
- Arcadia: Arcadia, perfect riding conditions blowdowns removed in the Boon Lake area, yellow dot at pelvis pass.
- Lincoln Woods: No Update
- Burlingame: No Update
- Diamond Hill: No Update
- Weetamoe Woods:No Update
- Big River signage project: Member Peter G held a subcommittee meeting prior to our regular meeting. Several options of signage were discussed including installation of kiosks at various areas of the park.
- Trail Maintenance Day: Our next scheduled maintenance day will be Sunday 11/22 at Arcadia. Meet at the midway/main lot on Rte 165, 9:00 AM. Bring hand saw and clippers if you have them.
- Westerly Land Trust: President John advised that WLT approached RI NEMBA with a request that we design a trail system on about 500 acres they own adjacent to Woody Hill Management Area. This parcel is not far from Burlingame. President John may ask for some input about this new opportunity the NEMBA corporate board at its 11/15/15 meeting.
- IT/Web: Member Matt M. said that our new website should be online in a few days and here it is.
- Holiday party: member Haley S said that our combined December meeting and holiday party will be held Saturday, December 12th 7:00 PM at Doherty's in Warwick. Cost is $15 per person, the chapter will subsidize the cost of admission like was done last year.
- 2016 Officers: The following folks were nominated for chapter officers - President John Sumner. Chapter Vice President, Craig Mello this is a new position). Treasurer, Kerry Angelo. NEMBA corporate Board Member, need to check with the current office holder to see if he would like to continue. NEMBA corporate Board Alternate Member, Pete Gengler. The position of Secretary is open. Any current RI NEMBA member interested in any position should contact President John.
- New Business: There was some discussion about having the chapter make a donation of some kind to a youth cycling organization.
There was a question about scheduling conflicts between some of our regular rides happening the same day as other actitivities like trail maintenance or a fun ride. The chapter will continue to promote the special event and urge as many members attend as possible while leaving the regular ride to go on as usual.
The idea of creating a volunteer incentive program was discussed.
Membership: Current membership total was not reported
The next meeting of our group will be the annual holiday party, to be held on Saturday, December 12th, 7:00 PM at Doherty's in Warwick.