Minutes from RI NEMBA meeting held on November 1, 2016
Minutes from RI NEMBA meeting held on November 1, 2016, 7 PM at Doherty’s. 19 members in attendance.
Treasurer’s Report: Bart A. provided the Board with the monthly Treasurer’s Report.
Area Riding Reports:
- Big River: Good Shape. DEM has been in the area insuring all users are wearing orange during hunting season.
- Arcadia: Riding really well.
- Lincoln Woods: Riding well.
- Burlingame: Great riding.
- Diamond Hill: Trails look good. Members have spoken with the local resident who was piling up sticks and debris to prevent ATV access. Diamond Hill continues to be very busy, especially on the weekends.
- Weetomoe Woods: Shawn M. would like to finish the loop in Weetomoe Woods.
- Lincoln Woods Fun Ride: The Lincoln Woods Fun Ride will be held on Sunday, November 20, 2016. Brendan D. reports that it will be a 10-12 mile arrowed loop. Once again the Fun Ride will be in conjunction with our Annual Food Drive. Admission to the ride will be free with a donation of non-perishable food for the RI Food Bank. The New England High School Cycling Association (“NEHSCA”) has been invited to the Fun Ride. Members familiar with Lincoln Woods will lead the NEHSCA participants on the ride. We would like to get some media attention for this event and will invite a representative from the RI Food Bank to attend.
- Motorized Bicycles: President John reported that Philip Keys, President of NEMBA, has released an article on electric mountain bikes (e-bikes) and where they can be ridden in New England. Currently, e-bikes are only allowed on trails where motorized use is allowed and there are no areas in Rhode Island that allow e-bikes. There are nearby areas - Foxboro in Massachusetts and Pachaug in Connecticut – that allow motorized use. RI NEMBA will adhere to these rules and will not allow e-bikes on any RI NEMBA sponsored rides.
- Holiday Party: The Annual Holiday Party will be held at Doherty’s on December 10, 2016 at 7:00 p.m. The cost is $10.00 per person. Meeting Street School representatives and NEHSCA coaches and officials will be invited to attend.
- RI NEMBA Organization: As reported last month, RI NEMBA will be restructuring its Board of Directors for the 2017 year. The Board will now consist of a President, a Treasurer, a Secretary and three Executive Committee members. The voting members will be the President, the Secretary and the three Executive Committee Members. The President and the 3 Executive Committee Member and 1 Executive Committee Alternative positions are open for the 2017 year. The following members have been nominated and seconded for the listed positions:
- President: Matt Mlyniec
- Treasurer: Kerry Angelo
- Secretary: Lauren Hoard
- Executive Committee Members: Craig Mello, Chris Hughes, James Hoard
- Executive Committee Alternative: Peter Gengler
There being no other nominations, these members will be installed at the Annual Holiday Party on December 10, 2016.
New Business / Information
- Big River Signage Project: Pete G. reported that there has been no change.
- Trail Advisory Committee: Pete G. and Craig M. will act as alternatives for this position.
- Matt M. suggested conducting an inventory of all RI NEMBA tools, equipment and supplies. Members will then be able to check-out and have ready access to whatever is needed for upcoming events.
Membership Current membership total was not reported.
The meeting adjourned at 9:02 p.m. The next RI NEMBA meeting will be held at our Annual Holiday Party on Saturday, December 10, 2016 at 7:00 PM at Doherty’s.