Minutes from RI NEMBA meeting held on October 6, 2015, 7 PM at Doherty's. Area riding reports
- Big River: There is a lot of debris, but generally dry. It was recommended that there be a clean up. It was decided that the first trail maintenance day would take place there on October 17, at 9am. Meeting location is the Burnt Sawmill lot.
- Arcadia: Boone Lake/Wildcat area has several blowdowns and could use a clean up.
- Lincoln Woods: No Update
- Burlingame: No Update
- Diamond Hill: No Update
- Weetomoe Woods:No Update
- Fun Ride Recap: The Arcadia Fun ride was very successful and well attended. There were 25 new or renewed NEMBA memberships. Lincoln Woods Fun Ride: 11/8, Diamond Hill Fun Ride: 11/15. As in the past, Lincoln Woods will be a food drive. Volunteers needed for both events.
- Arcadia Fun Ride: Will take place on Sunday Sept, 20th and help for this event is requested. There is a need is for people to put up arrows the night before and take them down after 2:00 pm the day of the event. Contact chapter President John or post on our Facebook page.
- Trail Maintenance Day: The first trail maintenance day will be at Big River on October 17, at 9am. We will meet at the Burnt Sawmill Lot. The focus will be on closing the “braids” on the logs trail, and bringing it back to it’s original form. Help needed! Bring your bike to get to the trail, and hang around for a relaxed paced ride afterwards.
- Westerly Land Trust:Westerly Land Trust reached out to RINEMBA to build a sustainable trail system on 500 acres of town land abutting Woody Hill management area. We are in the preliminary planning stages of this project and we’ll be looking to form a trail committee dedicated to this project very shortly.
- IT/Web: Matt Mlyniec informed us that the new RINEMBA website is rebuilt and should be up and running in 2-3 weeks. Highlights include a full event calendar, and links to things such as riding area reports, meeting minutes and maps.
- 2016 Officers: Nominations will be in November. Elections will take place at the holiday party in December. Anyone interested in running for a position, please reach out to John Sumner
Membership: Current membership total was not reported
Our next meeting will held on Tuesday, November 3, 7:00 PM at Doherty's.